[altusmetrum] NMEA input to a TeleMini?

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Sat Sep 9 11:47:51 MDT 2017

Bryan Duke <bryan at thedukes.org> writes:

> For the blocks & charge wiring, I’m all for extreme as long as I can
> keep things safe. These rockets will probably only get a flight or two
> each before I retire them. I’m pretty certain the records committee
> won’t like it if I start swapping or removing parts though. It fits
> fine by itself in the 24mm nose cone - I just need to finish the 3d
> puzzle of getting it to fit with the sled, battery & hopefully a GPS.

I can believe they'll raise eyebrows over firmware changes.  But since
GPS data logging and inclusion in telemetry is a standard part of our
product line on other products, and it's likely as simple as changing
the pin definitions of the two pins in question and then turning on the
right driver, etc, I'm pretty sure Keith and/or I would be willing to
review your changes and weight in on that if necessary.

But removing a screw terminal strip and soldering wires into the holes?
I can't see why anyone would care about your doing that.  I've seen
*much* crazier stuff done in record-setting airframes without anyone's
undies ending up in a knot...

Bdale