[altusmetrum] NMEA input to a TeleMini?

Bryan Duke bryan at thedukes.org
Fri Sep 8 16:44:13 MDT 2017

Thanks Kurt. Exactly - these record attempt flights will be using the baro data only. I do need to touch base with the records committee to make sure that me altering the software won’t invalidate the data. I might need to submit a change to Keith & Bdale to get an official blessing that I didn’t tweak the altitude reporting. We’ll see.

I got the TeleMini in today - yup, that’s small. It’s a little bit of a bummer how tall the wire connector blocks are, but I’m not sure if there are any smaller ones available. The GPS should be here tomorrow, so I’ll get it all configured right for the project.

I spent a few minutes trying to get AltOS to build on my Mac, but the directions in the docs don’t appear to work with the latest Mac OS. I might just fire up a Windows or Linux machine for the dev work. I need to get some game software dev work done this weekend (thanks to the impending new iOS version hitting any day now), so it’ll be a few days before I can mess around with this again.

If nothing else, these will be fun rockets to fly. Teeny tiny custom carbon & glass rockets with “big” F & G motors. Reminds me, I need to make another launch tower…

-Bryan