[altusmetrum] Contact Form

W7AMI terry.w7ami at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:10:44 MDT 2016

Something has changed with my Moxon.   Here is a flight from last spring
when I first built the antenna and below is the one from this spring.
There are some differences between the two flights that might account
for some of the differences.   Last years flight was done with my rocket
called "High Anxiety".   It has a molded fiberglass nosecone.   The one
this spring was done in "NoSeeUm" and it is some sort of black
material.   It was a Wildman Darkstar kit.   The flight last spring was
something of an accident.   The drogue chute did not deploy and when the
main did open at 900 feet it zippered the upper body pretty good (bad).
For most of the descent the nosecone was pointed straight down instead
of spinning around in the wind.    There is a big difference in signal
strengths between the two flights signal wise.   The first was more in
line with my expectations.

Guess I'll have to re sweep the return loss of the Moxon to see if it is
still tuned correctly and try the TeleGPS in both nosecones to see if
there is a difference there.