[altusmetrum] APRS

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Fri Jan 31 16:16:12 MST 2014

Sam Fineberg <sam at fineberg.net> writes:

> At one point I saw something about the TeleMega supporting APRS.  Is
> that correct?

Yes.

> Do you need special firmware?

No, you just have to turn it on .. we leave it off by default because
it's so inefficient .. takes nearly a second to send an APRS packet,
during which you can't be sending other telemetry.  But if you want it,
it's there, and it reportedly works just fine.  I don't own anything
that does APRS, but Keith does now...

The new TeleMetrum v2 supports APRS, too.  Both are using ARM Cortex
processors and a newer radio, the combination is what made it possible.

Bdale