[altusmetrum] TeleMetrum GPS questions

Michael Stephens engrstephens at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:30:20 MDT 2012

Ok, Answered a few of my own questions (yay open hardware).

The GPS is locked out at Altitude < 18,000m or  Velocity < 515m/s.  It
looks like my current sims show that I am going to get a hair to fast :)

Do we know what happens when it locks out? Does it come back? I'm assuming
the unit fails gracefully when the GPS reciever fails.

I'll probably end up emailing them about this as well. I'm mainly
interested in using the GPS as a starting point for the flight, the accel
can carry it the rest of the way. I need the GPS during recovery to
hopefully get its location because this thing is going to DRIFT.

The commandable pyro appears to only work in idle mode. I'd love to have
this always active. I can probably recompile it hopefully to set this up.

It looks like what I am in need of is the TelePyro and or the TeleScience.
Any ideas on timeframes for production/test unit and prices?

Michael Stephens
engrstephens at gmail.com